Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Here we go...

I have always been a fuller-figured girl. Never the skinny one, but not really the morbidly obese either. Always self-conscious, always unsure of myself. Although I have had a somewhat active life, my love affair with food, has always kept me from the body that I would like. Food has been a friend, a comfort, a boredom filler, among other things. I have never looked at food the way that I should-as fuel for my body, and just that. I enjoy food, I like strong flavours, and when I am eating something that I like, it is hard for me to listen to my body and stop eating when I am not hungry any longer.

That needs to change.

After two pregnancies, I am not looking the way that I would like. It took me about two years to lose the baby weight after my first child...just in time to get pregnant again. I had good intentions when pregnant with my girl. I wasn't going to gain as much weight as with my son-instead I gained 18 pounds more than the first time. 56 lbs in total. My little one is now almost 9 months old, and I am still 20 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight. So that is my first goal, to get back to where I was spring/summer of 2011.

I don't want to stop there, though. I like working out, and I have a big dream for where I want to take my body, my nutrition, and in turn my mental health. The fitter I get, the happier I am. I want to be the happy person that I think is hiding. It will make me a better wife, mother, friend and all around person.

This blog is going to be my platform. A place where I can track my progress, share recipes, explain my workout routines, and hold myself accountable. I want to encourage other people, who are like me. I might not have all of the resources that others might have, but I have a drive, determination, and a supportive family.

No comments:

Post a Comment